New Mum, am i doing this right?

Am I doing this right?

How many times a day do you ask yourself this. If it's more than you can count on two hands then join the club. Just today I have had many moments. All I want to do is google everything but we all know where that leads to. Mum shaming and hating yourself for not doing what they say is the right thing.

The worse thing you can ever do is feed this want to read everything online. For example, the other day I took my 4-month-old to a swimming lesson. He was a bit tired (I mean am I a bad mum for still taking him if he missed his first nap) and dipped his head in the water for a second and had a bit of trouble coughing for maybe 30 seconds. I panicked as would any mum and rushed to the lifeguard. He was checked over and I was told he was fine but to keep an eye.
KEEP AN EYE. The worst words to say to an anxious overthinker. I was straight on google looking into what I could be worried about. 2 hours later his in A&E with nothing wrong, no signs of any distress at all. He was even happier and playful than usual but still.

The problem is that even though I know I shouldn't keep looking into things and feeding this anxiety. I can't help but pick up that phone whenever I question my parenting skills. We all just need to remember. If that baby is happy, eating, putting weight on and loving life then you are doing it right.
Don't beat yourself if you go to the doctors for something small or call mum because he started blowing bubbles and you don't know if that's normal (true story๐Ÿ˜…)
One thing I know for sure. I HATE mums net. I mean they all have the best of intentions but... I HATE MUMS NET.

I hope people are right when they say it gets easier but let's are honest. Baby boys not moving yet. ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ Wish me luck.




Popular Posts